Walking is among the easiest forms of exercise you can do since it does not requite specific equipment or muscle strength.
This means that it can be done everywhere and by people of all ages and fitness levels.
This simple exercise can help you get and stay more active, become healthier as well as lose extra pounds. In other words, it can help you enhance your overall health, tone your muscles, and lose weight.
Additionally, most people don’t know how much weight they can lose in case they replace the means of transport with a walk.
Research has shown that you can lose one pound or more for a week and about 20 pounds for 5 months thanks to walking! What’s more, a daily walk for 5 months can help you lose about 20 pounds without any specific diet regimen or exercise.
However, it is important to know that your body weight and the walking place are factors that determine the number of calories burnt while walking.
For instance, in case you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour, you can burn 400 calories per hour. Of course, you can adjust the speed based on your preference.
It is always a good idea to make a daily plan and use a pedometer for best results. The pedometer helps you monitor how many calories you burn and count the steps you have made during walking. In addition, it helps you know how many more steps you need to make to lose weight.
Specifically, it is a type of a stimulus since it can help you achieve optimal results. You should purchase a high-quality pedometer, which can record all the calories you burnt and all the steps you made. So, it can help you regulate your achievements as well as stimulate the weight loss process.
There is no doubt that you will soon realize how easy it is to lose weight by walking.
You Should Make 2,000 Steps per One Mile to Burn 100 Calories:
One Mile = 100 Calories Burnt and 2,000 Steps
One Pound = 3,500 Calories Burnt
Losing One Pound of Weight per Week = 500 Calories Burnt Daily
To sum up, you need to make 10,000 steps on a daily basis in order to lose a pound per week. It is advisable to start slowly and elevate the number of steps gradually.
Here Is How to Make 2,000 Steps at First:
- Walk to your work or home, or get off the taxi or bus on the halfway;
- Instead of using a bus or taxi, simply walk;
- Instead of using the elevator, simply use the stairs;
- You should walk with your children to school;
- You should park your far away from the destination you have to go.
Here Are Also a Few Tips on How to Keep Your Motivation to Walk
- Listen to your favorite music since it can keep your motivation to walk;
- You can also ask a friend to join your walking activity once or twice within a week;
- Walk on a treadmill when it is cold outside. You should also watch your favorite movie while walking.
- Walk in different neighbourhoods, areas and parks. You should change the routine and enjoy new sites in order to make your walks an interesting journey.
All these tips can improve the effects of the exercise and make it a less boring daily activity.
It is advisable to focus your eyes on 100 feet forward, tighten your abdomen in the same direction with your spine and then squeeze your glutes. It can significantly enhance the effects of walking.
You should start walking three times within a week for about 20 minutes. Next, increase your walking time gradually. You should walk 30-60 minutes daily in a week for optimal results.